Learn About Skin
Skincare products that are safe for your child
What can parents do to keep their children’s skin healthy and hydrated? First priority is to protect against sun damage. Daily sunscreen application is highly recommended, since kids are often outside in the sun. Sun damage in children is often evident in freckles and dark spots that can persist into adulthood. At Nuthatch Naturals, we recommend choosing a sunscreen based on titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. These are sun filters that do not penetrate the skin.
Children with sensitive skin
Children’s skin is different from adult skin. Skin cells are smaller in children and the epidermis is thinner, so that water and chemicals move through the skin more easily. Children are more sensitive to allergens and to sunlight.
Children are more sensitive to allergens and to sunlight
They have dryness, rashes, and redness more often than in adults, sometimes caused by viruses and microbes. And as every parent knows, children often injure their skin and get cuts and bruises. Children’s skin requires special care.
Nuthatch Naturals Daily Soothing Lotion is an
excellent solution for dry skin
Dry skin care
For children who are prone to dry skin, our Daily Soothing Lotion is an excellent solution. Chock-full of natural moisturizers and proven not to irritate the skin, it forms a protective barrier on the skin that limits water loss and irritation from allergens in the environment. And it is made entirely of natural, sustainable, and biodegradable ingredients. We care about our children’s future and sustainability is at the core of our mission.
We believe that a skin care product for children should have only natural, sustainable and gentle ingredients
We believe that a skin care product for children should have only natural, sustainable, and gentle ingredients. Children are not adults and they don’t need anti-aging ingredients or dyes and colorants. There is no need for fragrances and other allergens. And most of all, the product must be fun to use and not scary. It can’t look, feel, and smell like medicine. We list details about our ingredients here.
Based on these articles in the scientific press:
- F. Kong, C. Galzote, Y. Duan, “Change in skin properties over the first 10 years of life: a cross-sectional study”, Archives of Dermatological Research 2017, 309, 8, 653-658.
- S. Sawatzky, M. Schario, A. Stroux, L. Lünnemann, T. Zuberbier, U. Blume-Peytavi, N. Garcia Bartels, “Children with Dry Skin and Atopic Predisposition: Outcome Measurement with Validated Scores for Atopic Dermatitis”, Skin Pharmacology and Physiology 2016, 29, 148-156.
- L.S. Telofski, A.P. Morello, M.C. Mack Correa, G.N. Stamatas, “The Infant Skin Barrier: Can We Preserve, Protect, and Enhance the Barrier?”, Dermatology Research and Practice 2012, Article ID 198789.
- G.N. Stamatas, J. Nikolovski, M.C. Mack, N. Kollias, “Infant skin physiology and development during the ﬁrst years of life: a review of recent ﬁndings based on in vivo studies”, International Journal of Cosmetic Science 2011, 33, 17-24.
- N. Akutsu, M. Ooguri, T. Onodera, Y. Kobayashi, M. Katsuyama, N. Kunizawa, T. Hirao, J. Hosoi, Y. Masuda, S. Yoshida, M. Takahashi, T. Tsuchiya, H. Tagami, “Functional Characteristics of the Skin Surface of Children Approaching Puberty: Age and Seasonal Influences”, Acta Dermato-Venereologica 2009, 89, 21-27.
Skin care products for children
Daily Soothing Lotion – 3 Pack$46.00 Add to cart
Skin care products for children
Daily Soothing Lotion$18.00 Add to cart