Most kids have dry, itchy skin on their faces, arms and legs sometimes. Published research has shown that their skin in less hydrated than the skin of their mothers. What can a parent do to help their child with dry skin? There are natural and sustainable products available that contain natural moisturizers and antioxidants, but some are not formulated without allergens so that kids can use them. Here are the top reasons to use a children’s moisturizer daily.
1. Children’s skin is different from adult skin. A 2009 study found that their skin is much less hydrated than that of their mothers in all seasons. Kids often have dry, itchy skin on their arms and legs. Daily application of a moisturizing lotion will make them more comfortable. Their skin will be softer and more flexible.
2. Daily moisturizer application, for example after bath or shower, will help them establish a healthy skin care routine. It will improve confidence and help your kids build a healthy body image.
3. The daily skin care ritual is a bonding opportunity for you and your child. Especially if you do it together!
4. A lot of science and technology goes into your skin care product. It’s an opportunity for you to discuss the ingredients with your child and what they do to the skin. Your skin care brand should disclose its ingredients with a description of what they do.
5. When you use a natural and sustainable moisturizer formula, such as the Nuthatch Naturals Daily Soothing Lotion, you and your child are helping to make the world a better place.
Read more on our website on the science of children’s skin, and don’t hesitate to give us your opinion!